About

Hate Mail From a "Semi-Pro?" Wrestler


Here's some recent hate mail and my response. This one is quite entertaining and quite different. The mailer is indented while my responses are not. Commentary is in italics.

Let's be clear about a few things.

1) You're not an atheist; you're an attention whore- Your definition of "activist" is very concerning. Who exactly are you speaking for? Other atheists? Funny how in the months since your last public panty dance, not a single person has come forward to support you in any meaningful way. This is probably due to the fact that your logic is flawed, your actions are mean-spirited and spiteful, and that your personality detracts from any "cause" you may be championing.

2) You are much too lazy to be an activist- In all these months since you began spewing your nonsense, have you taken any time at all to serve your community or do something good? (*Please don't respond with "Yes, I got some Christmas decorations taken down for a day".*) You're somewhat notable in our area as a rabble rouser and trouble maker....but as far as being an actual benefit to the community, you are far from that. There are actual issues out there...and not even far away. St. Vincent's Soup Kitchen is right around the corner from where you live....I wonder if you can see it from your ivory tower?


3) You're a hypocrite- I read your post bashing the psychic who failed to answer your challenge. I DISTINCTLY remember going on the radio and challenging you at a charity event this past January benefiting a family who fell victim to a fire. This event could have used your notoriety to help a family in need...and apparently my challenge fell on deaf ears. Funny how you'll throw that in someone's face while conveniently forgetting your own past. This makes you a hypocrite, dear boy, no matter how much you hate it.

(I mailed a letter to the editor of the local newspapers here that was in no way "bashing" soon after someone enlisted the help of a psychic. I was also challenged to a professional wrestling match that I did respond to, but got no response. I was never directly contacted and only found out about this through google picking up my name in search engines. See Below.)

4) I know why you don't believe in God; because your parents failed you. That obviously makes you very angry, and you want the community to pay by proxy. Your whining approach to handling the drama you created at Christmastime was very telling; tantamount to a child throwing a tantrum in a store. And, just like a child, as soon as a parent (or, in this case, your community) spanked and scolded you, you ran off and laid low...afraid to even poke your head out. You will learn very early on in childhood development about the child testing the parents. You started trouble because you craved attention and knew people would be upset with you for attacking them at the holidays. You wanted attention of any sort and you got it. But, once you got it, you were unable to do anything useful with it. This is DIRECTLY reflective of your relationship with your parents, and it hardly takes a therapist to identify it.

In short, nothing you will ever say will matter in the least, because you lack the courage to follow your convictions past a typing fit. If you feel strongly that there is no God, go with it. Hell, I find dealing with you pretty convincing proof that no such thing as "intelligent design" exists. That does not change the fact, however, that you are just another useless bump on the log of social ignorance. I sincerely hope you'll figure things out and, to some extent, grow up and be an asset to your community.


In all seriousness, Justin, I strongly feel that you are better than all of this. You have the passion, that's obvious. Now channel it in a productive direction, and try to stir the pot less. These people you attack are just that....people. They deserve as much respect as you...and you forget that. Do better.


-----

Justin Vacula June 12 at 4:08am
" not a single person has come forward to support you in any meaningful way."

Look on my blog and see friendly and supportive comments. Look at various blogs and see comments. Look at comments from the CV and TL articles that are supportive. The prime supporter was Corbett on his show, of course...he went for about an entire week in full support of me. A local author, Kenny Luck, is going to release a book very soon about the political activities in Luzerne County....he contacted me for an interview and I accepted....and this is just the tip of the iceburg. Obvious other support came from members of The Atheist Experience TV show that featured me...after being on the show I recieved tons of friend requests, people going on the air, etc. In December, the organization in belong to, the NEPA Freethought Society, fully supported me.....


" This is probably due to the fact that your logic is flawed, your actions are mean-spirited and spiteful, and that your personality detracts from any "cause" you may be championing. "

How is my logic flawed? The officials at the courthouse even agreed that they were wrong. Deluca, in an interview with Corbett that is still on WILK News Radio archives agrees with me.

"You are much too lazy to be an activist- In all these months since you began spewing your nonsense, have you taken any time at all to serve your community or do something good?"

My group is currently working on a support program for prisoners as an alternative to religion. My group participated in an Autism relay benefit (the pics are on our main page)...... The discussion alone is a great benefit to many questioning individuals, non-theists, etc. I constantly get "Hey I really like what you're doing..." from many people.

"You're a hypocrite- I read your post bashing the psychic who failed to answer your challenge."

Bashing is a very charged word here. I called her out and said that there is no good reason to accept her claims unless she submits to a test of her abilities. She failed to respond as many psychics often do. James Randi's challenge is still active. She is playing on the emotions of various people, offering false hope, and taking peoples' money. Until she demonstrates abilities, there is no good reason to accept her claims.

"I DISTINCTLY remember going on the radio and challenging you at a charity event this past January benefiting a family who fell victim to a fire. This event could have used your notoriety to help a family in need...and apparently my challenge fell on deaf ears."

I actually e-mailed the e-mail posted on the blog of Anthracite Wrestling

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:15 PM
To:
anthraciteprofessionalwrestling@yahoo.com
So, today I found out that I was challenged by a wrestler from your organization.

Can you tell me more information about this challenge?

I am, by no means, a wrestler of any sorts.

Josh Solarczyk [anthraciteprofessionalwrestling@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:07 AM
To:
Vacula, Justin
Justin:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am the promoter/owner of APWA. I do not have exclusive rights to any one wrestler who wrestles for me. If someone has challenged you, they are not acting on my behalf or APWA's behalf, but on there own behalf.

Thanks
Manslaughter

I even posted about this on my Facebook (but that's far back in the archive.

I went on the Corbett show and even discussed this...he said that the challenge was not credible and that I shouldn't accept it and I told him that I would do it. The wrestling organization should have contacted me directly, but I only heard about the challenge because of a Google search on my name.

" I know why you don't believe in God; because your parents failed you. That obviously makes you very angry, and you want the community to pay by proxy. "

This is ridiculous...and I've already addressed this claim. Parenting has nothing to do with this.

Was it I who caused the "drama" or the people getting angry and sending me hate mail? What about the people yelling on TV and holding Jesuses up early in the morning...you can see my hate mail on my blog. The issue was a simple legal issue. I address various other claims here:http://greenatheist.blogspot.com/2009/12/response-to-public.html

"In short, nothing you will ever say will matter in the least, because you lack the courage to follow your convictions past a typing fit."

Typing fit? I agreed to interviews on various mediums of media and appeared in the newspaper. I challenge religion at my CATHOLIC college and gave various presentations about why Christianity is false and how religion is harmful to society in my Catholicism class. I've written essays for classes about arguments about gods for philosophy....

People do care what I have to say...various events at King's College welcomed me to discuss atheism.

"you are just another useless bump on the log of social ignorance. " Comments like these aren't arguments, but rather personal attacks that are unwarranted...just like the parenting comments.

"These people you attack are just that....people. They deserve as much respect as you"

Who am I "attacking?" I'm questioning ideas and asking why people believe what they believe.


I think this sums up most of everything. You can find more on my blog that I linked.

Also: I added you as a friend on Facebook. You can feel free to post this on my wall (or anything else for that matter) and you'll see many of my supporters that you think I don't have. My friends and I are always up for productive discussion and debate.

-------

I won't be adding you anytime soon, bud. Nothing for nothing, but I'd be terribly embarrassed to have you on my list. I do appreciate you taking so much time in writing TWO lengthy, rambling, and self-promoting messages. It's glad to see that my indulging your need for attention has produced some creativity.

So thank you for the offer, but you and the rest of the D&D crowd will just have to play "Gotcha Games" and put on eyeliner without me.

It's quite funny when people try to make fun of D&D players because they often don't know what D&D even is. We don't wear eyeliner...

Justin Vacula June 12 at 7:25am
It's very unfortunate that you won't take me up on the offer to add me and post your arguments on my wall. If you are so sure of your position that I have no supporters and that your arguments are good ones, you should have no problem posting them on my wall. Also, the idea that "I won't add you as a friend because I'd be embarrassed to have on my list" seems very evasive. I have many Facebook friends who are often embarrassing because they post stupid stuff about politics, make poor arguments, etc. A Facebook friend is by no means a person you are on very good terms with or something similar. I've friended people who've challenged my positions and during December many people friended me to debate on my wall.

I gave sufficient and lengthy rebuttals to all of your claims and the "challenge" I proposed on the last message I sent would really put your claims to the test. You'll certainly see all of my supporters and you'll get to debate with us.

My messages where not "needing attention"...besides, what attention is there if I'm simply responding to your claims and defending myself. If someone told you that your philosophical positions are fundamentally based on "hating your parents" or something similar and you give a rebuttal, is this "needing attention" and "self-promotion?"

My D&D crowd doesn't out eyeliner on or dress up at all. The people in my group don't like LARPing at all.

You ought to do a bit of homework before you make many of these claims. I don't expect everyone to read everything in my blog before making arguments about me and my position, but many things you said have been thoroughly debunked by me.

If I'm going to respond to your arguments and you have nothing to say to that, it's as good as giving up your argument and saying "you win," unless, of course, you disagree and it's an opinion.

Many claims you have made are easily debunked and can be dismissed quite handily (as I did). When you make assertions like "this is based on hating your parents," (or mostly any other claim) you need some evidence, argument, and reason to support the claim.

----

Nah, just piss off. I'm bored with you already.