About

Should Buddhism be Considered a Religion? : Essay


I'm uploading yet another essay that I hope my readers will enjoy. I've very rarely mentioned Buddhism in previous posts, so this is something new for me to consider. I selected "Should Buddhism be Considered a Religion?" for my final Eastern Philosophy essay. I thought that Buddhism could be considered a philosophy and not a religion, but my ideas changed halfway through the paper thanks to the insight of Buddhist monks.

Toward the end of the paper, I came down quite hard on theology and the majority of religious persons, but I was sure not to paint everyone with the same brush that people often accuse me of painting with even though I make sure to add disclaimers and it's obvious that I can't take every individual into consideration. As always, feel free to comment about anything.