About

Upcoming Speech and Special Appearance!

A speech of mine is going to be delivered on September 11, 2011 for a September 11th remembrance event at the Harrisburg state capitol and I will take part in a round-table discussion of local bloggers in NEPA on September 15, 2011.


Pennsylvania Nonbelievers -- a group of atheists, agnostics, humans, and freethinkers mainly from Central PA -- has invited me to speak at an event called "September 11th Remembrance" that will occur on the main steps of the Harrisburg capitol building starting at 8:30AM on September 11, 2011. Unfortunately, I will not be able to physically attend, but I will be writing a speech for someone else to read. Other speakers include David Silverman, president of American Atheists, and Jason Torpy, preisdent of the Military Association of Agnostics and Freethinkers. More info can be found here. My speech will focus on the importance of belief, separation of church and state, and togetherness between humans whether they be religious or not.

I have also been invited to attend a round-table discussion including local bloggers that will take place on September 15, 2011 that is associated in some manner with the Pages & Places Book Festival, an annual book festival in Scranton, PA that recently featured Christopher Hitchens on the "Authors of Argument" panel. This event will be open to the public. I don't have much information yet including the venue and the time (I just received the invite today), but I will dedicate a future post to the event when I attain more information.