About

Debate Challenge Issued to William Lane Craig

I have extended the debate challenge I issued to the religious of Northeastern Pennsylvania to William Lane Craig. For those of you who don't know, William Lane Craig is often referred to as one of the most prominent Christian philosophers, Christian debaters, and Christian apologists.

The challenge was sent yesterday.

Although I don't have a PhD, Craig has debated persons with less 'credentials' than me [here are some of my credentials], so he ought to accept my challenge. I have a B.A. in Philosophy and Psychology, have received a distinguished award in philosophy at graduation, am writing for American Atheists' "No God Blog," am the co-organizer, spokesperson, and board member of the NEPA Freethought Society, write for Examiner.com as the 'Scranton Atheism Examiner,' have been featured in radio shows and podcasts, am the most prominent atheist in Northeastern Pennsylvania ... and much more.

My readers and I await an answer from Craig and hope for an engaging debate that is a great educational experience for the community. It's quite obvious that Craig loves to debate, so why not take this opportunity to do so? There is a profound lack of debate on this issue in Northeastern PA (notice the radio silence that followed my debate challenge to the region that only one person accepted even though they were happy to levy personal attacks against me in 2009 and even today).

Craig and has fans are quite dismayed that Richard Dawkins refuses to debate. In somewhat of a 'protest' or a 'calling out' of Dawkins, Craig has, according to a recent article by Dawkins, placed an empty chair on the stage for where Dawkins would be sitting if he were to debate. If Craig refuses to debate, shall I do the same? Craig, though, should not turn this wonderful opportunity down. Persons of NEPA and those from all across PA, NY, NJ, and perhaps even more states would be more than happy to pack an auditorium.